Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sometimes Compromise

I've blogged about how I love my corner drugstore where they know me by name and all that good hometown stuff but comes a time when we have to embrace the big e-commerce monster with both arms. I have a great doctor who loaded me up with samples of a couple of meds before my insurance expired but there was some stuff they didn't have and I was looking at a troublesome March. Then I discovered drugstore.com. What with the samples I still have and the outstandingly low pirces they had for what I needed on refills.... I'm laying out less than what I normally pay on insurance co-pays.

Where there is a will there is a way. And when I am again in Jobland I'll go back to friendly family pharmacy. Had a job interview today. Thoughts, prayers, chants, incense, candles... all are welcomed.

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger jason evans said...

Pixie dust, Lisa. Pixie dust.
May the woodland sprites smile upon you.

If that doesn't work, they better give you the job, or else!!

Good luck. :)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

I'll go get a free-range chicken and sacrifice it on the altar of Employment for you.

*hugs*

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

Another huge hug and best wishes are on their way, Lisa.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Gabriele C. said...

Good luck, lass.

Unemployment sucks, I'm there as well. Though in Germany, health insurance is somewhat covered even in that case.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Adam Hurtubise said...

Continued good wishes on the job search, Lisa.

I've been there and I know how much it sucks.

Everything will come together.

Adam

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

I'm glad you found a source of cheap drugs. This is going to be fine, Lisa. It will.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger James Goodman said...

Thoughts, prayers, chants, incense, candles...

I will work them all into my lunch break today. :D

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Lisa S. said...

Thanks Everyone! I'm feeling the good vibes. Won't know until Friday or Monday but...the lady who interviewed me is looking for experience which I do have - unlike the "overqualifieds" I'm getting at some other places.

Gabriele, sad but true the USofA is the only first world country without some sort of baseline health care provided to all citizens. And it's just getting worse every year. We're going to have the highest motality rate of any first world nation if we keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home