Saturday, January 07, 2006

File This Under Silver Linings

Unemployment sucks...most of the time. So I'm writing more and this is a "Very Good Thing". I'm whipping another short story into form thanks to M.G. and The Bunion Method(tm). In between I occasionally get to be Mighty Mousette "Here she comes to save the day!".

That was Friday for me. I had an apheresis appointment for Sunday morning but I got a call on Friday afternoon that only 6 donors had shown up...and when I had called just that morning the schedule was full for Friday and Saturday. So I get the afternoon call and the scheduler asked if there was a time I could come in. I got to say "How soon can you do a set-up for a double?" I'm a fifteen minute drive from the Red Cross center.

It's nice when someone is delighted to see you....and tucks you in for an afternoon nap.

But damn! I'm still waiting for that case of Turtle Wax and the Play-At-Home Game from the other guys. Ya know..the more I think about it I want the "runner-up" prize, something like 3 days and 2 nights at the Holiday Inn, Weehauken with all meals and entertainment included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home